DATED: JULY 24, 2021
FOR CUSTOMERS OF BERKELEY TOWNSHIP MUA, NJ1505004
Customers of Berkeley Township MU A were notified on 07/19/2021 of a detection of E. coli in the water distribution system that serves Berkeley Township and were instructed to boil the tap water before using. We are pleased to report that subsequent water quality testing shows the water quality to be safe.
THE BOIL WATER ADVISORY IS LIFTED and it is no longer necessary to boil your water before using. The following measures are strongly encouraged at this time:
• Run your water faucets for 3-5 minutes to flush your service connection and interior plumbing with water from the service main.
• Empty and clean your automatic ice makers and water chillers.
• Drain and refill your hot water heater if the temperature is set below 113 degrees Fahrenheit.
• Service connections with a water softener/cartridge filters should be run through a regeneration cycle or other procedures recommended by the manufacturer.
• Water reservoirs in tall buildings should be drained and refilled (as applicable).
We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience. If you have any questions or comments, please contact:
Brian P. Blair, Chief of Operations (732) 237-0100
You may also visit our web site at www.berkeleymua.org for further information.