Brian Kubiel, Fire Official
Phone: 732-244-7400 ext 1236
The Fire Prevention Bureau was created in 1993 to enforce the New Jersey Uniform Fire Code. This Department of Community Affairs created this Code so that there would be standard regulations by which all Townships would follow to assure public safety. The Township of Berkeley also uses the Fire Prevention Bureau as a public information system to educate our citizens both young and old in fire safety.
All businesses must register with the Bureau and be inspected on a yearly basis.
- Non-Life hazard use inspection form and Cover Letter
- Life Hazard use form/Fire Safety Registration Form and Cover Letter
The Fire Prevention Bureau is also responsible to make sure that each time there is a change of occupancy in a residence the Seller or Landlord complies with the current laws on smoke detector and Carbon monoxide detector compliance. Click on the links below for the forms.
Please keep in mind these forms should be filled out in triplicate.
- Application for a CO for Rentals and Resales
- Fire Extinguisher requirements
- Effective January 1, 2019, the following requirement regarding battery-operated Smoke Alarms and Carbon Monoxide Alarms will be enforced: REQUIREMENTS
Please make sure the entire application is completely filled out.
- Click here for Housing Inspection Helpful Hints