Beverly M. Carle, Township Clerk
Karen Stallings, Deputy Township Clerk
Office Hours: Monday thru Friday, 8:30am – 4:00pm
Council Meetings- Schedule
Berkeley Township Council 2023 Regular meetings will be held on the 4th Monday of the month, except as noted, at 6 pm in Town Hall, 627 Pinewald-Keswick Road, Bayville, N.J. as noted below:
Printable Version of Council Meetings
Open Caucus Meetings, 6:00 p.m.
-Immediately followed by: Special Executive Sessions, if any
-Immediately followed by: Berkeley Township Council Meeting, same dates
-Immediately followed by: Board of Health, same dates, if any
Do Not Knock
Any owner and/or occupant who has requested enlistment on the "Do Not Knock" Registry, pursuant to Subsection a herein, shall be able to obtain from the Clerk's Office, a sticker for display at his/her/its premises indicating enlistment on the "Do Not Knock" Registry.. The licensee shall not peddle, canvass, vend or conduct door-to-door sales at any premises identified on the then current "Do Not Knock" Registry.
Save§ 5-1.4. Persons Excepted From Licensing Regulations. [1974 Code § 101-4; Ord.
No. 84-31; Ord. No. 92-40; Ord. No. 93-5; Ord. No. 96-34; Ord. No. 02-48-OAB
§ 1; Ord. No. 2017-44-OAB]
The requirements of this section shall not apply to the following:
a. Any charitable body that shall canvass or conduct sales of personal property when
the proceeds thereof shall be applied to the payment of the expenses thereof and to
the charitable object for which the body exists, except that where such body shall
undertake to canvass for a period in excess of 14 days, such body shall be required
to apply for a license under this section. Any such licenses issued under this section
to such body shall be valid only for a period of 14 days.
b. Any person honorably discharged from the military service who has a license under
N.J.S.A. 45:24-9 et seq.
c. Any person who is an exempt fireman of a volunteer fire department as defined by
N.J.S.A. 45:24-9 and 10, possessing a license in conformity with the law.
d. Any religious organization recognized as tax exempt under the United States
Internal Revenue Code, provided the organization is not selling or attempting to sell
e. Any person not otherwise subject hereto engaged in the delivery of goods, wares or
merchandise or other articles or things in the regular course of business to the
premises of persons who had previously ordered the same or were entitled to
receive the same by reason of a prior agreement.
f. Any person canvassing for a governmental agency.
g. Any person canvassing for a political purpose or party. The sale of personal
property shall not be exempted under this exception.
h. Any charitable organization registered with the State of New Jersey or the Attorney
General pursuant to the Charitable Registration and Investigation Act N.J.S.A.
45:17A-18, as it may be amended from time to time.
Documents and Budgets
Election Dates & Information
NEW - 2022 Congressional District Map
Wards 3 & 4 (All districts) in Congressional District 4
Ward 2- Districts 5, 6, 40, 11 in Congressional Distict 4
Ward 2 – Districts 33, 35 36 in Congressional Distrct 2
Ward 1 – All Districts including District 3B(South Seaside Park) are within Congressional District 2
District 3A in Ward 1(Pelican Island) is in Congressional District 4.
- Information for Voting Early and Drop Box Locations
- Early Voting Locations 2022 General Election 10/29-11/6
- Video - Early Voting and what you need to know - Watch
- School Elections are now held in November at the General Election unless the School Budget Exceeds the 2% CAP
- Primary - Tuesday, June 6, 2023 6 am to 8 pm
- General - Tuesday, November 7, 2023 am to 8 pm
- Polling Place Information can be obtained here.
- Personal Voter information can also be obtained by signing up here.
- County Information Mail-in Ballot Applications and Sample Ballots can be found here.
- ONLINE Voter Registration
- Voter Registration Paper forms
- TRACK YOUR MAIL IN BALLOT (you will need to create a username and Password)
- Or call 1-877-NJ-VOTER to track your ballot
- Voting District & Ward Map East Eastern Side Of Berkeley Township Including Pinewald-Bayville-Pelican Island and South Seaside Park
- Voting District & Ward Map West Holiday City, Silver Ridge Park and Manitou Park
New Jersey Division of Elections www.njelections.org/. Scroll down to Ocean County
New Jersey Election Law Enforcement Commission (ELEC) www.elec.state.nj.us/
Ocean County Board of Elections www.co.ocean.nj.us/electionboard/
Licenses available include Landlord Registration, Raffles, Yard Sales and more.
Municipal Code Book including Land Use
The following form must be filled out by anyone requesting to view or requesting a copy of a public record:
OPRA-Open Public Records Request Form
You can look up Building permit information & Tax information on our web site and not have to wait the 7 business days for the information.
On the Construction portal, you can sign up and create a user name and password to search any property you need for Open/Closed Permits.
Property Tax Information
For more Information regarding access to public records click here.
Ordinances Scheduled for Public Hearing
The following ordinances were introduced and scheduled for public hearing at the next Council meeting at 6 pm in the meeting room located at 627 Pinewald-Keswick Road, Bayville. Check calendar for upcoming Council Meetings.
Ordinances Scheduled for Public Hearing
Street Vacation Application process is outlined in Chapter 17 of the Berkeley Township Municipal Codebook.
Street Vacation Application
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED TO BE SUBMITTED ALONG WITH THE STREET VACATION APPLICATION:
1. A copy of the current tax map of the property showing the area to be vacated. (Assessors Office )
2. Proof of mailing to all property owners within 200 feet from an official list provided by the Township Zoning Office along with a copy of the list and a copy of the notice sent..
3. A non-refundable $500.00 application fee must be filed with the application
4. The affidavit of publication of the legal notice form sent to the newspaper which is part of the application above
5. The consent to transfer form with the adjacent property owners original signature also part of the above application.
Any property owner renting a home in Berkeley Township must be registered as a landlord, as per New Jersey State Statue. You can register as a landlord with the Berkeley Township Clerk's Office. The form is available below or can be picked up in the Clerk's Office.